STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Atmospheric Flight Training 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It might just work as a passive ability like the ones our characters get via the accolades

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

TacPaddy

(03-25-2014, 04:02 PM)Jstagg Wrote: [ -> ]It might just work as a passive ability like the ones our characters get via the accolades

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
It is a passive ability, but don't expect too much of it. Frankly, I hardly recognize any improvements.

TacPaddy

(03-25-2014, 04:10 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you might not notice on a Scimitar!
Maybe, but I didn't notice on a H³E either.
I've tested it and it works, but you can truly notice it only on full impulse through Allied/Contested zone.
It is a passive and it also stacks with each rank, so when you've got all 3 as the Academy will shortly then it should be a big improvement. I have a feeling it will be nice to have with the Undine.

TacPaddy

(03-25-2014, 11:24 PM)robonixon Wrote: [ -> ]It is a passive and it also stacks with each rank, so when you've got all 3 as the Academy will shortly then it should be a big improvement. I have a feeling it will be nice to have with the Undine.
I need to check that again. I already have all three, but I felt the improvement to be negligible.

TacPaddy

The sixth Active DOFF Roster Slot is "awesome". And by the way, they cost 150.000 Fleet Credits.
I've found that I don't have it on my Fed Romulan, so it's time to see real numbers:

Atmospheric Flight Training 0
  • Full Impulse 154.1
  • Impulse with all power to engines 36.38

After testing with going up and down, I've found that flying closer to surface gives different results, therefore next ranks will be specified for higher and lower altitude using Full Impulse, there is 0 impact on standard Impulse.

Atmospheric Flight Training 1
  • Full Impulse Higher 154.1
  • Full Impulse Lower 129.03
  • Turn rate 39,4
Atmospheric Flight Training 2
  • Full Impulse Lower 142.46
  • Turn rate 39,4
Atmospheric Flight Training 3
  • Full Impulse Lower 154.1
  • Turn rate 39,4

What is "high" and what is "low" is easiest to determine by looking at Supply Depot station, everything below it is lower atmosphere.
But, is it worth to get them?
It's cheap, 15k FC to get all 3 and if you play a lot in Allied/Contested zone, it is not much of burden to "wallet".
What I haven't tested is if it applies to The Breach and Storming the Spire missions as well.

TacPaddy

+1 Wink

hadee41

Yeah well much useful points you share about flight ....... its much useful for new learner....!
Pages: 1 2