STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Help with keybind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help rewriting this keybind (off the hilbert guide) -

Button4 "+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers$$+trayExecBytray 6 0$$+trayexecbytray 6 1$$+trayexecbytray 6 2$$+trayexecbytray 6 3$$+trayexecbytray 6 4$$+trayexecbytray 6 5$$+trayexecbytray 6 6$$+trayexecbytray 6 7$$+trayexecbytray 6 8$$+trayexecbytray 6 9$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
T "team Target: >> $target <<"

To also fire tray 8 with spacebar, because there are skills I want to have binded to my spambar but can't fit on the 7th tray. Please help!
to fire all weapons = FireAll
to use a certain location in your skill bar = usetrays0 0, the first number is the tray number the second number is which position on that bat
to chain two commands together $$

here is an example of my space.txt file

Ab "statsPreset_Load Preset_1$$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields$$ FireAll$$ usetrayslot0 4$$ usetrayslot0 5$$ usetrayslot0 6$$ usetrayslot0 7$$ usetrayslot0 8$$ usetrayslot0 9$$ usetrayslot1 9"
Xb "usetrayslot1 0$$ usetrayslot1 1$$ usetrayslot1 2$$ usetrayslot1 3$$ usetrayslot1 4$$ usetrayslot1 5$$ usetrayslot1 6"
Yb "statsPreset_Load Preset_3$$ usetrayslot2 0$$ usetrayslot2 1$$ usetrayslot2 2"
Bb "statsPreset_Load Preset_1$$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields$$ usetrayslot0 0$$ usetrayslot0 1$$ usetrayslot0 2$$ usetrayslot0 3$$ FireAll"
Joy1 "cleartargetorbringupmenu"
Joy2 "GenSendMessage Root ShowStatus"
Joy3 "Map"
Joy4 "interactwindow"
Joy5 "Target_Enemy_Prev"
Joy6 "Target_Enemy_Next"
Joy7+Xb "statsPreset_Load Preset_1"
Joy7+Yb "statsPreset_Load Preset_2"
Joy7+Bb "statsPreset_Load Preset_3"
Joy7+Ab "statsPreset_Load Preset_4"
Joy7+Joy5 "usetrayslot1 7$$ usetrayslot1 8"
Joy7+Joy6 "usetrayslot2 7"
Joy7+Joy8 "usetrayslot2 8"
Joy8 "usetrayslot2 9"
Joy7+Joypad_Left "usetrayslot2 3"
Joy7+Joypad_Up "usetrayslot2 4"
Joy7+Joypad_Right "usetrayslot2 5"
Joy7+Joypad_Down "usetrayslot2 6"
Joypad_Left "throttleadjust -.25"
Joypad_Up "GenSendMessage Throttle_FullImpulse_Button FullThrottle"
Joypad_Right "throttleadjust .25"
Joypad_Down "throttleadjust -1.0"

save your keybinds in a text file. In game, in chat window type /bind_load_file Space.txt (I name my file Space.txt and another for ground named Ground.txt). Also, my file is not for a standard keyboard. Remember to save and test your file before heading out.

TacPaddy

(10-12-2013, 03:03 AM)Grandioz Wrote: [ -> ]I need help rewriting this keybind (off the hilbert guide) -

Button4 "+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers$$+trayExecBytray 6 0$$+trayexecbytray 6 1$$+trayexecbytray 6 2$$+trayexecbytray 6 3$$+trayexecbytray 6 4$$+trayexecbytray 6 5$$+trayexecbytray 6 6$$+trayexecbytray 6 7$$+trayexecbytray 6 8$$+trayexecbytray 6 9$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
T "team Target: >> $target <<"

To also fire tray 8 with spacebar, because there are skills I want to have binded to my spambar but can't fit on the 7th tray. Please help!

The main problem was the missing spaces before and after the $$. Replace the entry for the Space bar with the one below. That should fix your problem and also will automatically choose Need on the Lootroll. If you want to fire all Weapons, replace FirePhasers with FireAll, like already mentioned in the post before me.

Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 0 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 1 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 2 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 3 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 4 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 5 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 6 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 7 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 8 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 9 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 0 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 1 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 2 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 3 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 4 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 5 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 6 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 7 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 8 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 9 $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields $$ Lootrollneed"
(10-12-2013, 10:03 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 0 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 1 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 2 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 3 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 4 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 5 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 6 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 7 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 8 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 6 9 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 0 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 1 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 2 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 3 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 4 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 5 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 6 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 7 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 8 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 7 9 $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields $$ Lootrollneed"
That didn't work for me, but the original does. Do you have any idea why?

TacPaddy

(10-12-2013, 01:02 PM)Grandioz Wrote: [ -> ]That didn't work for me, but the original does. Do you have any idea why?
Hm, that's odd, because it works for me. Have you reloaded the keybinds in game, after you have modified them?
Yep....

TacPaddy

(10-12-2013, 07:10 PM)Grandioz Wrote: [ -> ]Yep....
Then I'm at a loss here. Sorry.

TacPaddy

(03-26-2014, 06:40 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

I was futzing around with the Spacebar.txt file for Space use, as only one of my characters has the 'need' loot roll in there, and was thinking about putting one together for ground as well.

Has anyone done that?

Chris
Thanks for reminding me to do that. Done that already for Space, but always forgot to do it for Ground as well. I was pondering about what key to use and decided to not bind it on a firing key. I probably will bind on movement keys instead.
I've never touched my keybinds and I found that CTRL+Q/A/Z work for need/greed/pass, as I saw the hotkeys displayed on my non-main characters recently. Still don't show up on Beardy for some reason.