STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Introductions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Hello everyone. Sort of a new member joining in. Was part of STO before, but RL and other concerns took me away from the game before I had the chance to get started. 

Now I am back and ready to take part. Looking forward to meeting and getting to know everyone. Hope to also have fun along the way.

See you in the Black!
I just want to say welcome to our new members. Starting a new game or returning can have many challenges remember to ask questions in chat or on the forums.
Welcome one and all, if you need any help in game, either with equipment, wingman for missions, or just fancy a chat, hit me up in game (@belgevain) Always happy to help a Fleetmate!
Hello everyone,

I am new to the game so I am a perfect example of a noob. I have had many years of gaming experience starting with Everquest around 2002 so I do know some about how online gaming goes. That being said, now a short introduction to me. I am an old non-traditional full time college student at the University of Idaho online program but living in Southern California after moving here from Oregon this past June. My playtime can be rather sporadic but I do try to make sure to set some time aside for gaming to help break the stress of grad school and working as a cook.

I am pretty much learning the game as I go along and try not to ask too many questions about stuff until I am unable to find the information online first. But, sometimes I make bonehead moves by asking about something without even noticing that I could have figured it all out if I only read the information better - old age problems. 

I know I am new to the game and only hit rank 23 today so I can't really offer too much help but I do plan on participating once I am geared and ranked up..just hoping that doesn't take too long..

Well, see you all in chat (now that I know how to log into the chat channel...)
Howdy all, I'm not new to the fleet, I just have more time now to be involved. My name is Chris handle is roninuta, been in STO since launch. I've taken a break a few times, but I keep coming back. You will find me on at various times throughout the week and weekend. I'm always willing to help out as well.

Yes that's me in Lego, I'm a fanatic about those little bricks.
Welcome back.
hello all, im relatively new to the fleet (under a week as of this post).
I've been playing STO off and on for awhile now. I first started after it was first released to PWE as the F2P model we now have, i didn't really stay long then just played a few missions to see what the game was like.I then returned early last Jan during the winter event and stayed for a few months before deciding to go to another game. and i returned again in Jan this year Big Grin
Outside of STO I've played other MMO's like WoW, Kritika, Vindictus and Forsaken World. FW was horribly neglected by PWE devs after so many years so that game is more or less dead now. but i like how Cryptic actually kept STO going even though both games are just as old as each other.
I'm hoping to stay in game for awhile, last time I left STO was to play Forsaken World yet again, and I ended up coming back Big Grin
Additional note, I play KDF side in case i don't see a lot of you.
(02-19-2019, 04:12 PM)DarkoMG Wrote: [ -> ]hello all, im relatively new to the fleet (under a week as of this post).
I've been playing STO off and on for awhile now. I first started after it was first released to PWE as the F2P model we now have, i didn't really stay long then just played a few missions to see what the game was like.I then returned early last Jan during the winter event and stayed for a few months before deciding to go to another game. and i returned again in Jan this year Big Grin
Outside of STO I've played other MMO's like WoW, Kritika, Vindictus and Forsaken World. FW was horribly neglected by PWE devs after so many years so that game is more or less dead now. but i like how Cryptic actually kept STO going even though both games are just as old as each other.
I'm hoping to stay in game for awhile, last time I left STO was to play Forsaken World yet again, and I ended up coming back Big Grin
Additional note, I play KDF side in case i don't see a lot of you.

Welcome!

Don't worry - they always come back Wink

I quit WoW for this back in the day!
Hello all, thanks for the add (albeit, I'm 3 weekends late in posting this introduction about myself). I'm from God's own county of Yorkshire in the UK (little hint as to where, I know what a good curry tastes like). My hobbies include an assortment of things that involve creativity and problem solving...
I have a very dark and twisted sense of humour which I'll endevour to keep under wraps (unless you you show a simular humour in private. We don't want to go upsetting anyone now do we... Wink  ) 
My house mate introduced me to STO in an indirect way by constantly talking about it, although we don't get internet access until this Wednesday. He used to play every day like 5 years ago. So once we go live he'll no doubt be getting a reccomendation to join our fleet from me! Wink 
So without further ado (did you know ado is old lingo for the word fuss? I learnt that from reading Shakespear! ) from me... I look forward to learning more than how to accept items in mail, and that the first contact reward token can only be accepted once every 20hours and will see you all in space...
Meph
[email protected]#0622 (Fed)
(04-06-2019, 09:36 PM)Meph Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all, thanks for the add (albeit, I'm 3 weekends late in posting this introduction about myself). I'm from God's own county of Yorkshire in the UK (little hint as to where, I know what a good curry tastes like). My hobbies include an assortment of things that involve creativity and problem solving...
I have a very dark and twisted sense of humour which I'll endevour to keep under wraps (unless you you show a simular humour in private. We don't want to go upsetting anyone now do we... Wink  ) 
My house mate introduced me to STO in an indirect way by constantly talking about it, although we don't get internet access until this Wednesday. He used to play every day like 5 years ago. So once we go live he'll no doubt be getting a reccomendation to join our fleet from me! Wink 
So without further ado (did you know ado is old lingo for the word fuss? I learnt that from reading Shakespear! ) from me... I look forward to learning more than how to accept items in mail, and that the first contact reward token can only be accepted once every 20hours and will see you all in space...
Meph
[email protected]#0622 (Fed)
Hello and welcome.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18