STO Academy Forum

Full Version: STO Academy Uniform Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright so we need a fleet uniform, especially to wear at fleet events. A good idea was brought up to have a contest for this so that's what we will do. Please read this whole post before submitting an idea.

First of all, you can submit your ideas until February 4th. Sometime on the 5th I will lock this thread. So from now until the 4th is the submission period. After that I will create a poll which you can vote in. That will probably be open for another week or 2. I'll decide when the time comes. The plan is to have a fleet uniform before the STO Academy's 2 year anniversary on February 22nd.

RULES
  • You can only use uniform options that everyone has access to. Anything from the C-Store is not allowed. C-Store items will either have a C-Point price next to it or a check mark if you already purchased it.
  • Do not add a combadge or rank to the uniform because everyone will want to have their own.
  • Don't forget to add the fleet logo to the uniform.[/list:u]

PARTICIPATION
    Everyone can participate. Just go to the tailor at one of the stations and edit your uniform. Create something that you think would look nice for the fleet then click the save button at the bottom. You do not need to purchase it for your character. Don't forget to press SAVE Wink. You can also go through the create a character process and save it that way.

You will also need to take a screenshot of your uniform. All you have to do is press the Prt Scr (Print Screen) button on your keyboard and the game will automatically save a screenshot for you.

The location of your save file and screenshot depends on your operating system:

Windows XP = C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots
    Windows Vista = C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots (it could also be the Windows 7 path)
    Windows 7 = C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

You can upload the screenshot directly to this thread. If for some reason it isn't giving you an option at the bottom to upload an image then let me know so I can fix it.

After the submission period is over I will create a poll. The winning uniform will become the new fleet uniform and the creator can send me the save file.

Any uniform that is not using standard options (non-cstore options) will not be considered for the contest. Remember if it has a check mark or a c-store price next to it then you cannot use it. If you are unsure feel free to ask me before submitting.

I would prefer only 1 submission from each person, but if you have two ideas that is fine as well. I won't accept more than 2 from a person. Please keep in mind that a male and female variation of the same uniform is considered only 1 submission not 2. You do not need to create one for male and one for female, I can easily convert it if I have to.

I think I covered everything. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Sorry for the long thread!
My entry!!!

(Bdw, Windows 7 will depend on whether you have saved the game to public, or your user account, like mine Big Grin)

My 1st idea (provided I have another Tongue) uses the Sierra 5 uniform, with the fleet emblem.

My colours are H24 black, I4 grey, and C11 yellow.

For the lower part, (category) Uniform - Pants - Long, Standard Style
And the boots; Short Boots. For females, Sierra shoes, or something with a heel will suffice!
Both are in H24 black colour
Vote for mine or get kicked out of the fleet :lol: just kidding!
mine Tongue
Here's Mine Big Grin Pretty simple, imo and it's rather... professional looking, if I may say so. The image is tall, but it's to help show you the coloring differences between the uniforms.

It's very similar to Jstagg's, well maybe nearly identical for styles and articles. But mine has been colored differently. And I promise, I didn't look at any of the examples until after I made these

Sierra 5
-Matte Material
-Color Config 01
--Color 1: I1
--Color 2 (Career Color): (Tactical) A12, (Engineering) C12, (Science) F9
--Color 3: I1
--Color 4: I16
-Gloves, Paneled
--Color 2: (Career Color above)

Pants - Loose Long
-Standard Style
--Color: I1
-Combat Boots
--Color 2: I1
--Color 3: Career Color above

In case if the two are too closely related, I'm going to submit a second one
I want to apologize ahead of time, I forgot to remove the comm badge on most of these pictures and on one, to remove the rank. Also, I noticed I overlooked the fleet logo on most of these after I got them all cropped. You still should get a general idea of how the uniform should look.

As a side note, I edited the brightness and contrast, so the colors might not be 100% accurate.

Includes options for fatigues, duty and dress uniforms for officers, command, and flag officers.

Basics
Sierra 1, [H1][%][H1]
  • Material - Matte
  • Badge/Rank: When used, both are [A8][/list:u]
    Pants - Loose [H1][H1]
    • Belt: None
    • TNG Split Bottoms [H1]
    • Short Boots, leather: [H1][H1][H1][H1][/list:u]

% indicates Department Color: [C10], Eng; [F8], Sci;[A7], Tac

Crew

Variations:
      01 Fatigues - combat and maintenance and repair situations
      02 Duty - standard duty uniform
      03 Dress - for formal occasions

01 Fatigues
      • May also be worn with Pants - Loose Mid Ankle, Panels and Pockets in [H1][H1][%][H1]
      • If worn by the medical team, the % should be [E8][/list:u]

02 Duty
        • Females may wear Sierra Skirt 1, with both colors being [H1]
        • If the skirt is being worn, then the Sierra boots, also both colors being [H1], are required
        • Stockings are optional[/list:u]

03 Dress
          • Same as Duty[/list:u]

Command Officers
            • Change Sierra 1 colors to [H1][I14][%]
            • With 02 and 03, the skirt colors [H1][I14] must be used in that order

Flag officers
              • Change Sierra 1 colors to [H9][I14][%]
              • With 02 and 03, the skirt colors are [I14][H9] and the the boots are both [I14]
Sans, there are too many different choice there. Only two entries for a person and there are about 6 or 7 different ones (I'm grouping the different career colors together into one entry each). Please pick two styles out of all of them and submit those. You don't need to show it with the different career colors if you don't want to. If you need help let me know.
Attilio, I just got myself a little carried away.

Do skirts for females consider it a different style?

It is my understanding, that you can assign different uniforms for different fleet ranks, is this correct?
Skirts aren't a different style, just a variation. So you can have one with pants and one with a skirt and that's one style (as long as the shirt looks the same Tongue )

Correct, we can have them for different ranks. For now we'll just setup one fleet uniform. In the future we'll think about other ranks only because the ranks might be changing.
Sans Wrote:I'll trim it down for now and make a few edits.

Basics

Sierra 1, [H1][%][H1]
  • Material - Matte
  • Badge/Rank: When used, both are [A8][/list:u]
    Pants - Loose [H1][H1]
    • Belt: None
    • TNG Split Bottoms [H1]
    • Short Boots, leather: [H1][H1][H1][H1][/list:u]

% indicates Department Color: [C10], Eng; [F8], Sci;[A7], Tac

Crew

Variations:
      03 "Dress" - for formal occasions
      • Females may wear Sierra Skirt 1, with both colors being [H1]
      • If the skirt is being worn, then the Sierra boots, also both colors being [H1], are required

Flag officers
        • Change Sierra 1 colors to [H9][I14][%] and use Color Config 03
        • If worn the skirt colors are [I14][H9] and the the boots are both[I14]
Pages: 1 2 3