Skill Planning / Return from long break
Hi all

Been away from the game for a long time but looking to get back into it. However during that time the skill system has been re-done entirely so not really sure what i am doing on that anymore and it is rather daunting.

I have images taken from the old system but not sure how they apply (if they even do) to the new system. I also have images taken of the skills i used to use on my main ship / ships.

Is anyone able to assist with converting it so i can get back into the game a bit?

Also any suggestions on where to start to get back into it, i was level 60 on federation.
Feel free to upload the images. The most basic question is what's your style of play? Are you looking to cause a crazy amount of damage, or just want to be strong enough to enjoy the game?

There's certainly a lot and I understand how it can be daunting. It might be worth creating a new character just to play through the game and get familiar with it again. At the very least play through the first 10 levels or so.

I would second the creating of a new character to relearn the game. Plus you get the mission rewards and some of them are very good indeed Smile
Mainly just do enough to enjoy the game to be fair.

I did start a new character in the TOS series, it wasnt an option when i left. Enjoying it so far and starting to work through the skill queue on that one, just got to level 14 i think.

This the skills i had picked on the old system for an A2B build apparently, cant even remember what that stands for now lol

(04-04-2018, 09:58 PM)VararelOrat Wrote: Mainly just do enough to enjoy the game to be fair.

I did start a new character in the TOS series, it wasnt an option when i left. Enjoying it so far and starting to work through the skill queue on that one, just got to level 14 i think.

This the skills i had picked on the old system for an A2B build apparently, cant even remember what that stands for now lol
A2B means Auxiliary to batteries.

Any thoughts on skills for that type of build or just in general to do enough dps to enjoy the game?

I'm a science career if that matters

I feel like i have missed out on loads, i think it was around the Solane or maybe series after that that i disappeared, been looking at some of the new T6 ships inparticular the Enterprise J one (cant remember what it is called in game, temporal something or other)
Your career does not matter too much for the skills tree. Going for a balanced approach would be best, though I do not have any characters on a science career that i properly play. You can always retrain (I think free accounts gets at least one retrain token - i could be wrong).
for a sci skill tree, go sci ultimate (all 27), with the same for engineering as you would do for tac ultimate, as listed here: https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comme...egathread/
Then you just fill in everything that's left for the tactical options, with less emphasis on points in projectile training (unless your doing a torp boat, then reverse it), Defensive Maneuvering (unnecessary with strong shields consoles), weapons specialization (aka [CrtC] Crit Chance), and shield penetration (made up with [pen] weapons mods).

that'll put you safely within the 20-40k range using free stuff, and potentially exceed 150k+ if you're willing to invest in the paid c-store/lobi/lockbox/R&D Bonus event traits and consoles.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]