Training manuals
(09-13-2017, 11:44 AM)Trudard Wrote: I would keep them if u can ask in game where u can link them. Another thought have u promoted your bridge officer?

I have 5 bridge officers whom are all Commanders.
(09-13-2017, 11:47 AM)James Wrote: There's a few things you can do with them:
  • Fleet bank them in case any one else in the fleet might have use of them
  • Sell them off (vendor etc - some basic ones are even sold on the exchange for some reason)
  • You can also just train your boff in them anyway even if they aren't of any use to you as they could well be of some use to you in the future. You never know! That way they're out of the way and you don't have to worry about them clogging up space

I tried to place some items in the fleet bank a few weeks ago, but I am not ranked high enough to do so yet. I am not really sure how to use them to train my BOFF's. When I access their skills area, I do not see a place to drop them to train them and none of the skills are high lighted to be activated. Is there any way to transfer items to you or another member of sufficient rank so they may place them in the fleet bank?
(09-13-2017, 12:16 PM)MichaelGill Wrote: I tried to place some items in the fleet bank a few weeks ago, but I am not ranked high enough to do so yet. I am not really sure how to use them to train my BOFF's. When I access their skills area, I do not see a place to drop them to train them and none of the skills are high lighted to be activated. Is there any way to transfer items to you or another member of sufficient rank so they may place them in the fleet bank?

It can be done just through a simple trade but it might be more time consuming than is actually worth it - so you could just hold off until your promotion date.

When you go to the skills menu and select a BOFF, it will show you the default skills for space on the left and ground on the right.

If you click on the skill in the list, it should show you a list below of skills you can train the boff in, and any of those skills you have a manual for will be shown with the "Train" option to the right of them.

Have a look and if need be I can provide screenshots may be later on tonight
(09-13-2017, 12:19 PM)James Wrote: It can be done just through a simple trade but it might be more time consuming than is actually worth it - so you could just hold off until your promotion date.

When you go to the skills menu and select a BOFF, it will show you the default skills for space on the left and ground on the right.

If you click on the skill in the list, it should show you a list below of skills you can train the boff in, and any of those skills you have a manual for will be shown with the "Train" option to the right of them.

Have a look and if need be I can provide screenshots may be later on tonight

That is the exact section I have been going too. I just don't have the proper manuals yet. I will stash what I have in my bank until later and procure ones I need. Thanks for your help Admiral. I appreciate it. Smile
Aye anything you don't have a manual for will be shown greyed out with a little red exclamation mark.

No worries - that's what we're here for
(09-13-2017, 12:54 PM)James Wrote: Aye anything you don't have a manual for will be shown greyed out with a little red exclamation mark.

No worries - that's what we're here for

I learned quite a bit about training last night. I did not realize the 8 icons at the top of the skills page for ground/space each contained a separate list of skills. I was able to use most of the manuals I had in inventory. This should greatly improve the performance of my ship and crew over time. Thanks again.
(09-14-2017, 10:12 AM)MichaelGill Wrote: I learned quite a bit about training last night. I did not realize the 8 icons at the top of the skills page for ground/space each contained a separate list of skills. I was able to use most of the manuals I had in inventory. This should greatly improve the performance of my ship and crew over time. Thanks again.

Excellent news