To Stand the Test of Time
I caught an episode of DS9 the other night, "It's Only a Paper Moon." I don't think it was an episode I had seen since it first aired. I remember thinking it was an amazing episode when I first saw it, and felt it really held up over the years.  Only the other hand, "Trials and Tribble-ations", an episode I LOVED as a kid, was less than well received when I watched it recently (I know people will disagree with me on that).  

Anyway, I was wondering what episodes my fellow fleet members remember from their youth that they feel still holds up and made them feel the same way it did then. And which ones have failed to stand the test of time?
Mine was the tholian web from TOS. And I watched it again the other day. In STO, the webs are made faster I know that

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

(01-08-2017, 04:18 AM)Heageth Wrote: I caught an episode of DS9 the other night, "It's Only a Paper Moon." I don't think it was an episode I had seen since it first aired. I remember thinking it was an amazing episode when I first saw it, and felt it really held up over the years.  Only the other hand, "Trials and Tribble-ations", an episode I LOVED as a kid, was less than well received when I watched it recently (I know people will disagree with me on that).  

Anyway, I was wondering what episodes my fellow fleet members remember from their youth that they feel still holds up and made them feel the same way it did then. And which ones have failed to stand the test of time?
I forgot the name of it, but it was the one where Martok and Worf where in Prison with Doctor Bashir, and Worf was forced to fight hand to hand combat against Jem'Hadar.

Sent from my SM-G935V
(01-11-2017, 06:35 PM)Mal Wrote: I forgot the name of it, but it was the one where Martok and Worf where in Prison with Doctor Bashir, and Worf was forced to fight hand to hand combat against Jem'Hadar.
"By Inferno's Light" - DS9 Season 5 Episode 15

My favorite still is DS9's Dominion Invasion Arc: "Call To Arms" (5x26), "A Time To Stand" (6x01), "Rocks And Shoals" (6x02), "Sons And Daughters" (6x03), "Behind The Lines" (6x04), "Favor The Bold" (6x05) and "Sacrifice Of Angels" (6x06).

However, if I had to choose just one episode, then it has to be DS9's "In The Pale Moonlight" (6x19). I was intrigued by the moral complications Sisko had to deal with and the way how he was trying to clear his conscience. And then boom: "Computer, erase that entire personal log." Like it never happened.

Funniest moment though was when I watched a re-run of "The Way of the Warrior" in the ratings mess aboard FGS Lübeck. That scene right before the klingons attack DS9, when Gowron spoke klingon:
Shipmate #1: "And what did he just say?"
Me: "Today is a good day to die"
Worf: "He said: Today is a good day to die".
20 heads instantly turning towards me
Shipmate #2: "Okay, we knew you're weird, but not THAT weird"
Me: "Relax, I have seen that episode already."