What's the fastest way to earn 270,000,000 ec's?
Can't seem to get 900 lobi crystals for the Kelvin timeline Intel Dreadnought Cruiser, so I was wondering what's the fastest way to earn 270 million energy credits to be able to buy one from the Exchange?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Achieved my personal goal of 8 commendations for the month of November to commemorate being a member of STOA Infinity for 6 months!!!   (yesssssssssss!!!) Live Long and Prosper 
Admiralty system, DOffs, do missions and sell the loot. If that Tour the Universe thing is still around do that as well. That's all I can think of right now.

56 keys sold on the Exchange @ 4.9 mil each. That's $70 @ regular price, or +/- $60 on a -15% off sale.

That is how I'm going to get my Astika, Manasa, and Zahl ship traits over the next year.

At the verified game average of 5 lobi per lockbox, that's a BIG inequality difference for costing 180 keys ($225@regular price)- DAYUM!!!
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
(01-07-2017, 11:45 PM)warrynnpeese0791 Wrote: Can't seem to get 900 lobi crystals for the Kelvin timeline Intel Dreadnought Cruiser, so I was wondering what's the fastest way to earn 270 million energy credits to be able to buy one from the Exchange?

are the ships acutally sold on the exchange? If so, under what tab, because I can't find them if they are.

You have to type the name of the ship on the search bar that's how they come up

Achieved my personal goal of 8 commendations for the month of November to commemorate being a member of STOA Infinity for 6 months!!!   (yesssssssssss!!!) Live Long and Prosper 
so someone is selling a ship for 270 mil EC? What do you do with all those EC afterward?

(01-08-2017, 02:37 AM)roughrider1988 Wrote: are the ships actually sold on the exchange? If so, under what tab, because I can't find them if they are.

(01-08-2017, 03:42 AM)warrynnpeese0791 Wrote: You have to type the name of the ship on the search bar that's how they come up

(01-08-2017, 05:11 AM)roughrider1988 Wrote: so someone is selling a ship for 270 mil EC? What do you do with all those EC afterward?

Actually, you can find lockbox and lobi ships that do not bind on pickup in the Exchange listed in the reward packs filter, or just do a search with "Special Requisition Pack" and be sure to set the filter at the bottom of the window to only show usable results for your faction.
What these merchants/yridians/ferengi/pirates do with the money is buy more keys off the exchange, to open more boxes for items to sell and get more lobi, to then get more ships to resell and repeat the process.
Okay I understand (but at the same time I I think this contradicts Gene Roddenberry's vision of what the future depicted in Star Trek is "supposed" to be....this game didn't "rid" of the use of "currency" as foretold, but simply just changed the form of it)

replicators are redundant replicators are redundant

Selling keys is always the best way to make EC if you need it and don't mind dumping the keys. They are quick turnover no matter what is going on in game, and as Akima posted above it is a much better exchange rate for your money than buying lockboxes and hoping for the best.

Thanks Beardy
(01-08-2017, 01:44 PM)warrynnpeese0791 Wrote: Okay I understand (but at the same time I think this contradicts Gene Roddenberry's vision of what the future depicted in Star Trek is "supposed" to be....this game didn't "rid" of the use of "currency" as foretold, but simply just changed the form of it)

not exactly, there's still a monetary system in the Federation, just more like lines of credit without so much fear of tax audit or repossession. Ex-Astra Scienta went into detail about it here: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/incons...conomy.htm

Jonathan Scott Frakes Wrote:And Gene was so passionate about his belief what life should be like in the 24th century. He shared that with me because he wanted Riker to have that same passion. What he said to me I never forget, which was:
"In the 24th century there will be no hunger, there will be no greed, and all the children will know how to read."

And he grabbed his big, space-bear arm around me and said: "Let's go get you this job." He still gets me, he was awesome. <Source>

Which I interpret that as meaning that food would be freely available with everyone having a replicator (we're already starting to do this via 3d printers), monetary greed would be null because you could just replicate or barter for the items you want (unless it's with a ferengi), and children would have a completely free and unified system of teaching throughout the federation. But that discussion is for a different thread since it drifts off topic.