Foundry status?
Any news from Cryptic on when the Foundry might be back up?

Monty
In the past it took same from a few weeks to two months to bring the Foundry back online after "major" updates. The fact, that the Patch notes state "Foundry functions will not be available for an extended period of time due to updates needed from the lighting update made in this release." let me expect the worst. I'm counting on the Foundry coming back online this year. Maybe by the end of January.
Is that why clicking on the "Foundry" missions that pop up while I'm cruising through sector space are un-clickable?
(12-04-2016, 10:53 PM)Defnestor Wrote: Is that why clicking on the "Foundry" missions that pop up while I'm cruising through sector space are un-clickable?

It doesn't seem like it was intended that they are showing up again.
They were gone for awhile, but the reappeared with the Winterland patch.
The Foundry for Star Trek Online is returning later today. We're still running some tests, so editing and review functions won't be available, but you can return to your missions.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startr...urns-today
The Foundry is fully coming back online after today's (12/15/2016) Server maintenance.
Nope - Is foundry any good? - I only ever did one mission and it was a bad experience
Foundry missions are made by players, so depending on the imagination and skill of that player you can get some really good missions, but also some really bad ones. Some are also just there to make easy EC. Look out for the ratings, 
Some are several episodes. All drills down to your taste and play style.