Signature Change error
When I try to create or change/edit a signature (from the user control panel) when I try to preview or save it loads a new page which simply says:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /usercp.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
That might have been caused on the server end. It typically occurs when the user (you) is trying to access a certain script or document and the server is having trouble reading that particular codex line. The only way to resolve it is to try again. Sometimes even clearing your internet cookies does help. Hope this helps your problem.

I'll have to look into it, I might need to contact my host. It's happened with other things too. Sometimes it fixes itself, sometimes it doesn't lol

same is happening with me... will check it
U.S.S. Achiever
Junae, Vocan, Kolez, Zarva, Heidi, Nuno Espadinha, Elisa Torres, Girquay, T'Vrell, Oeshi

can confirm that there were scripting issues with the system... I changed my sig last week and it wasn't taking the new image that I uploaded like it was supposed to using the url= code that's supplied under the image on the http://www.stoacademy.com/account/mysig.php page.  The page will show the newly uploaded image right away, but did not update the footer despite being the same link...

Then I noticed that the specific code of the uploaded image actually has a ?d= number attached after the standard *.jpg that it was supposed to replace on the footer... allowing me to see BOTH the old and new signature. I was able to work around that problem by adding the ?d= part into the code used for one's Signature being added to http://forum.stoacademy.com/usercp.php?action=editsig page that is really where displaying one's signature and ribbons or medals are maintained. I also noticed that my ribbons kept bouncing back and forth between my new accomplishments and the previous month's...

I just rechecked to see if the server updated and it has for me, but, having several different pages for the signature can be a source of confusion for new or infrequent users of those settings... i sure was when i started.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
(02-17-2017, 11:54 PM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: can confirm that there were scripting issues with the system... I changed my sig last week and it wasn't taking the new image that I uploaded like it was supposed to using the url= code that's supplied under the image on the http://www.stoacademy.com/account/mysig.php page.  The page will show the newly uploaded image right away, but did not update the footer despite being the same link...

Then I noticed that the specific code of the uploaded image actually has a ?d= number attached after the standard *.jpg that it was supposed to replace on the footer... allowing me to see BOTH the old and new signature. I was able to work around that problem by adding the ?d= part into the code used for one's Signature being added to http://forum.stoacademy.com/usercp.php?action=editsig page that is really where displaying one's signature and ribbons or medals are maintained. I also noticed that my ribbons kept bouncing back and forth between my new accomplishments and the previous month's...

I just rechecked to see if the server updated and it has for me, but, having several different pages for the signature can be a source of confusion for new or infrequent users of those settings... i sure was when i started.

That's just a cache issue. If you cleared you're browser's cache or right-clicked then refreshed/reloaded you would have seen the latest one. What they are describing is different.

i thought that too but verified by using a new laptop that didnt previously access stoa.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
Then the image name probably changed. The d= param is just there to make sure it doesn't load the cached image.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk